Saturday, January 13, 2018

Wrapping up 2017 and Goals for 2018

Hey everyone!Happy Saturday!

Now that the craziness of the holidays has died down, and life kind of goes back to being its boring self, I decided to take a moment and look over 2017 a little bit, because it was a pretty important year for me, both for my reader self and for my blogger self.


Reading-wise, I realized something. While it's good to set a goal and such, I finally managed not to let that goal define my reading experiences. If before I was obsessed with reaching that number on Goodreads and would let it rule my reading, 2017 was a year in which I pulled back a little bit, once I realized I couldn't possibly reach the goal, and guess what? The sky is still up, I'm still here, and nothing major happened. Basically nothing happened, except me being more relaxed and actually enjoying the last few books I managed to read in 2017. It might sound strange when I put it like that, but it's true. 

supernatural
Source: Popkey

I managed to read 105 books in 2017, of which 38 were by new to me authors. I didn't exactly have a plan for last year to discover new authors, but I thought it was worth to mention.


Out of all these books I recommend Batman: Nightwalker, House Of Shadows, Caraval, Beauty Of The Beast, Monstress vol 2, The Alchemists of Loom, Batwoman, Ripper, The Duke's Temptation and The Altered History Of Willow Sparks. I could probably go on and keep recommending books, but these are the ones that stood out for me this year.

I had a little "going back to roots" moment this year, since I've mainly read adult romance, in various genres. It felt nice to go back to reading mostly adult books. I also managed to read more comic books this year. I'm slowly becoming addicted to this genre, to be very honest with you.

I also watched a lot of TV. This is probably due to my dog being sick and me playing babysitter most of the day. I managed to catch up to a few of my favorite TV shows, watch some other new ones. I actually recently finished Midnight Texas, which I enjoyed. I have not read the books that TV show is based on YET, but I plan on rectifying that this year.

In terms of blogging, I had a great year. I wrote a total of 61 reviews, of which 14 are of comic books. I plan on reading more comic books this year, to maybe at least two volumes a month. We'll see how well that goes.

Towards the end of the year I made a lot of friends in the international part of the bookish community, which is awesome. I talked about it in one of the discussion posts I did last year. I managed to find an awesome group of people and I truly love this group!




I have a some big goals for 2018, some I'll keep a little bit secret just for a little while longer. For my blog, I plan to write more regularly over here. The people in the international book bloggers group are super supportive and super productive, and it's pushing me to want to be productive myself, which is a good thing.

I also changed my theme, which was something I have been considering for a while now, but I wasn't sure I was going to do until recently.

As for my reading, I plan on reading more books this year. As you know, I signed up to a few reading challenges for 2018. I plan on reading at least 150 books this year. I also plan on reading more comic books this year.

Most importantly, though, I plan to have fun. I kind of forgot how fun blogging can be, and I was sad because of that, but I feel like I got my mojo back, and I'm going to take advantage of that as much as I can.

What about you? How was 2017 for you? And what are your plans for 2018?

5 comments:

  1. Seems like 2017 was a great year for you and am glad! It's true that setting up goals can often bring a lot of stress and it's nice to sometimes not worry about the numbers or achievements, instead just read and love it. <3 And of course, the intl bloggers group is probably one of the best things about last year. Good luck for 2018 :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I usually struggle to reach that number I initially set for myself, but it's nice to learn to stop stressing out. Which is very easy for me to do *hides*. The group is fantastic and I'm really happy for it! Thank you! Good luck for 2018 to you too!

      Delete
  2. It looks like you had a pretty good 2017 reading wise to me! I'm hoping to get into comics again this year, I have so many on my shelves and they're great for quick reads :)

    Good luck reaching your 150 book goal this year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What comic books are you most excited to read? I'm looking at the less-known ones, really, because while the big, famous, DC and Marvel ones are nice, it's great to sort of step away a little bit from the superhero craze.

      Thank you! Good luck to you too!

      Delete
  3. I hope you'll be able to do as much reading and posting on your blog as you want to! I love the new theme as well. Reading over 100 books last year is a brilliant thing as well. Keep that up ^.^

    My recent post: http://oliviascatastrophe.com/2018/01/6-reasons-you-need-new-cool-socks/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...