Monday, August 14, 2017

Obsessed With Covers #41: Children Of Blood And Bone, Winter Glass, The Wicked Deep

Y'all know how much I love a pretty cover. I think about...40% of the books that end up on my shelves (be they physical or digital) do so because of the covers. Call me shallow but you have to admit that a pretty, shiny cover will catch your eye faster than a dull, boring one. Two, simple rules that I'll follow:


  • 1, 2 or 3 (no more than 3, though) covers per week;
  • books should be new-ish; no more than 2 years old.
Oh, before I share the covers that made me drool or want to stare at them for hours and hours, I have to say something. This is a semi-original idea. Why semi? Because almost every book blogger has something similar. The only thing I came up with was the title. If by any chance there's another blogger with a similar feature with the same title, I assure you I'm not stealing your idea. I'm just THAT bad with titles. Believe me, I'd love to be smarter and have a witty name for this feature, but I don't. So, no copyright infringement/theft/steal or anything of the sort was desired. All I can say is sorry :P


So, here are the prettiest covers I've seen this week.

I adore this cover. Ever since I saw it I was in love with it, to be honest. What's not to love? The hair is my ultimate favorite hair color and if I could pull it off, I'd give up being a redhead in a heartbeat. I love how the hair is made to look like flames or like it's floating in water or something. There's something going on with that hair and I want to know what!

Then there's the model herself/himself. The markings/drawing on the model's skin are very interesting and I wonder what they represent. I'm sure it has some meaning and I wonder what it is and if we'll find out about it. The eyes are gorgeous and they seem to be looking straight at you, which is scary and awesome at the same time.

I can't wait to get my hands on this book.

Children of Blood And Bone by Tomi Adeyemi



If the first cover in this series was gorgeous, this one is even more so. I love how Sleeping Beauty's castle is frozen here. I love the shields and the spears, they look like they're protecting the castle. And that squirrel is so cute!! I also see what seems to be Cinderella's glass shoe hanging from the title, so I wonder how that plays out. Basically the entire cover is made of awesome!









This cover looks hand-drawn and it is simply gorgeous. The thing about it is it makes it look like a really scary book, probably due to looking like a drawing. A really good drawing, mind you! I really want to know the meaning of the cover and how it ties into the story. And I really want to see more of the cover artist's work. It reminds me of Ruthie's instagram (who if you're not following GO NOW AND FOLLOW HER BECAUSE SHE'S AMAZING!!!).








The Wicked Deep by Shea Ernshaw


That's it for today, guys! Tell me which covers you've recently seen that are gorgeous.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...